Dates to Remember over Christmas 2014/ New Year 2015
Put them in Your Diary!
Please check our Calendar page
for venues, maps and times of what is happening.
– Awanui Christmas Carols – starting around 7.00pm – around Awanui – The Well
– Combined Churches Christmas Celebration – 10.00am – Te Ahu Center, Kaitaia
– Combined Churches Christmas Day Service – 9.00am – Kaitaia Baptist
– Combined New Years Eve Church Service, 10.00pm – Kaitaia Baptist – Pastor Hendrik Brits preaching
What’s On at The Well – Awanui?
We meet on Sundays
for Children’s Hour and Morning Worship and again at 6.00pm
for Evening worship.
We meet on Wednesdays
for the Ladies Gathering where we often have guest speakers, praise and worship, prayer time, awesome fellowship and sometimes share food and a cuppa together afterwards.
At 7.00pm we gather to pray with and for the sick, for healing, deliverance and restoration and abundant life. Please encourage anyone you know to come along especially if they are ill or get in touch and we will go to them.
On Fridays we pray. On the first Friday of the month we pray with the folk at the Kaitaia Baptist between 10.00am and 10.00pm. Turn up there between those times when you feel led to pray.
Every other Friday evening at 7.00pm we meet at The Well to pray.
For more information on services, times and contact details please check our calendar.
25 November to 30 November 2014 Paparoa Showgrounds
This week our Good News Tent will be at the Paparoa Showgrounds for seven days from 25 November to 30 November 2014 at the combined churches of the Otamatea Region celebrate the 200th anniversary of Samuel Marsden’s first Christian Service in New Zealand. You can read more about it in the Paparoa Press here on page 6.
We have just finished running a 10 week course for those interested in how to share the Gospel effectively with others. We have had an amazing time as we shared together and studied what the Word of God says about sharing the Good News with others.
We were challenged as we role played different scenarios and practiced sharing the Biblical truths of Salvation, what it is, what it means and how we share it.
6 students took the course and over the next few weeks we will be going out to see people that the students have made appointments with to share this Good News with and that is incredibly exciting. Next year we will run more courses to prepare others for sharing the Good News and we will continue to encourage those already involved in sharing.
This also coincides with our season of Tent Mission Outreaches which start in February of each year through March where we venture out into surrounding areas, towns and wherever to minister the Good News to all who are willing to hear it. Our aim is to reach the lost with the Good News and we love it when we can support local churches by directing new people into local churches where they can fellowship and grow.
Good Hope Ministries is an evangelical and prophetic ministry, founded by Hendrik and Amanda Brits, who are by the love and grace of God our Father functioning in the power of the Word and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
It is a ministry that travels all around New Zealand to bring and restore the Good Hope of salvation according to II Thessalonians 2:16,17 unto a lost and dying nation… more
We are a family of Believers that are learning to take God at His Word and to know as an absolute Truth in our lives that what He says is what He does and when we do as He has commanded us then we see the miraculous, not only in our lives but in those who choose to take God at His Word also.
Check out some of our videos
To veiw the video series please go here
Reading God’s Word
Reading the Bible God’s Word Reading God’s Word has to be one of the most important things you do in your life and Good Hope Ministries believes in making God’s Word available to as many people as possible. So while you are here check out the Every Day in God’s Word page
where you can have a different reading plan show up every day and click to hear the reading being read to you!
Another resource can be found on the Praying Scriptural Prayers page
where you can either read the scriptures shown under various headings or use the Bible search tool at the top of the page to search for particular scriptures or insert key words. Most of the scriptures on site also show up as you mouse over the scripture reference.
Join Our Newsletter for Updates
The Well, 121 State Highway 1, Awanui, 0486
Fourteen Prayer Points – Hendrik Brits 2014
(In no particular order)
1. We must first of all truly fear God, and ask Him to show us what is in our hearts. Psalm 139:23-24 Then we need to reach a deep repentance for ourselves, (and others). Hebrews 12:1 Confess whatever hidden sins lie in our hearts. Psalm 51:10 (Remember this. A real blessing will follow repentance).
2. We are to forgive others, and ourselves. As though we see through God’s eyes. Forgive as the Lord has forgiven us. Colossians 1:19-23; 2:13-14; 3:12-14 Ephesians 1:7. We need to understand the great connection between grace and forgiveness. Hebrews 10:16-18
3. Pray for the grace that we will be used by God. Make ourselves available that we may be useful for the Lord, to do His will. 2 Timothy 2:1-26
Walk in the fruit of the Holy Spirit and bear fruit
4. Pray that we may walk in the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 and that once the Holy Spirit enters us, then we may bear the fruit.
Equipped in gifts
5. We should ask for the gifts of the Holy Spirit, so that we may be truly equipped for the task or tasks God wants us to do. 1 Corinthians 14:1 Then we must be careful to sow only so as to please the Holy Spirit
6. We should ask the Lord to grant us the anointing on our lives – so that the living water will flow out from us and that the anointing would be released out of us. Acts 4:34-38
7. Pray for boldness – that we may approach God – Hebrews 4:11-16 – that we may approach God with freedom and confidence Ephesians 3:8-13 – that we may be successful in our relations with other people and to stir up a relationship for others with Jesus Christ 2 Corinthians 7:2-4
8. We need to ask God to remove every trace of unbelief in our lives to help us only believe. Mark 9:24
Salvation for the lost
9. We should pray for the lost, that they may come to salvation. Matthew 9:35-38. Also, we have a responsibility to pray for the labourers. This may mean simply to ask the Lord to send out workers into the harvest field, or even to go and do the work ourselves. We are God’s fellow-workers. 1 Corinthians 3:9
10. We need to pray that we receive healing in our inner selves. That we may be washed and cleansed, comforted and encouraged. We need to maintain our hearts in a healthy fashion, always, at all times. Proverbs 4:23; 18:14, Galatians 5:16-18, 24-25; 6:9-10
11. We need to pray and ask the Lord for ourselves to be delivered from the influence of any unclean spirits. It is important to make a check whether there are any areas in our lives in which a wrong spirit is taking shelter. Check whether you are in need of deliverance. It is important to stay in the spirit of prayer while doing this. Acts 8:4-8; 16:16-18, James 4:7
Walk in revival
12. We should be endeavouring to walk in revival, personal revival, so as to stir up afresh our spiritual walk. We need to conduct our walk by depending on faith, not on any tangible presence or sign. Isaiah 57:14-21. There will be comfort for the contrite. God will revive the spirit, and then the soul. Approach God with humility, and learn to rely on the Word of God.
Walking in the fullness of the Holy Spirit
13. We should be walking in the fullness of the Holy Spirit, on a daily basis. So pray for the presence of the Holy Spirit in your life. John 1:16; Colossians 2:9-10 Be filled with the Holy Spirit – be made complete in Jesus, who is the Christ. Ephesians 1:15-23; 3:14-19; 4:11-13
The Fire of God
14. Pray for the fire of the Holy Spirit to come on our tongues that we may speak in righteousness – speaking out the Word of God, in line with His will. James 3:6-11; 1:26-27 That we may be free from the pollution of the world, free of carnal thinking, and that we are truly spiritually minded. John 6:63, John1:1-5, Joshua 1:8, 2 Corinthians 4:13-18, Romans 4:16-17, Matthew 21:18-22, Mark 11:12-14, 20-24